Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lesson 1

This morning, I received an email from my client (my first and only client) to tell me that she is selling her house, and does not need a designer any more. In other words, all the work done so far, is heading straight to my laptop's trash can. To be honest the news was quite unexpected, as I had seen her briefly 2 days ago and there were no talks of real estate sales. Well I suppose this is what happens when you work informally for people you know, and contracts aren't signed. My first lesson of business, sign the contracts right from the beginning, so that in case of situations like this, you get a little compensation for the work done.

So to cheer myself up, I went e-window shopping, am currently on the look out for beautiful spring home pieces.
I absolutely love this centerpiece by Hostess with the Mostess. It is so easy to make, very simple in design, yet seriously chic.
Can you believe that these colourful vases are nothing more than embellished ordinary vases and glasses. Japanese washi tapes are like decorative normal tapes, used to adorn ornaments in arts and crafts. Again, thanks to the Hostess with the Mostess for sharing.

For instructions on how to make these, make sure you check out the blog by clicking on the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails