Tuesday, June 08, 2010

An outdoor retreat

I don't know about you guys, but for me it's getting way too hot. Regardless of what am wearing, I always find myself desperately in need of a chilled bottle of water and a fan. When the weather is like this, it's hard not to complain, extremity is never a good thing....not unless you purposely decide to put a positive spin on it. Am talking about gardening folks, it's that time of year to head to the nearest DIY store for some summer plants, and outdoor furnishes. Why be indoors when you can have a mini haven at the back of your house, I say (for those who can).

Here are a few ideas to get you inspired.

For me this garden is more of an outdoor retreat, very laid back. The subtle colours, allows the plants to come alive, and the best thing about it, is that it looks quite low maintenance.

I live in an apartment so unfortunately I don't have a garden. For you lucky ones that have one, what are your plans for them this summer? Any makeovers, a sprucing up here and there?

Images via Channel 4

2 comments:

  1. I'm not good in heat at all. Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons, honestly. It's good that I only have a tiny garden that takes care of itself, in my dreams I swap for a balcony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen dear, what about in the late evening when the weather is cooler. Wouldn't it be nice to step outside and enjoy the fresh air? I love balconies too, but it's no substitute for gardens, maybe it's a British thing. I do see your point though, it can get way too hot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails