Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh what a weekend!

Bassano del Grappa
I'm the girl lucky enough to be lounging around this pool all day Saturday. It's a real beauty, isn't it? Both the pool and the art deco style architecture, they look like something from Architectural Digest.
The house belongs to my friend, and is situated in Bassano del Grappa, a beautiful town in northern Italy.
This is a good example of why it's good not to plan things sometimes. Last week, I had absolutely no agenda for the weekend, during Friday's aperitivo, I bumped into a friend whom I hadn't seen in ages. So, to cut a long story short, "I was all up in his casa" all day the following day. I really can't get enough of this pool, it's seriously stunning, and most importantly, refreshing.
In the evening, we explored the town a bit more, and wow! It's a 30min drive from the Dolomites, so you can really see the mountains clearly. They form a beautiful background for the rest of the town, and everything ends up looking very picture perfect.
I've always been told of its loveliness, but I guess I wasn't prepared for all this beauty, all in one place.
I can see why Ernest Hemingway chose to settle here, it's a very inspiring place, literally each corner you take, takes your breath away.
It was a really good day, quite exhaustive too, so I took it easy on Sunday. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!

What did you folks get up to?

Images by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails